CETIC, Centre of Excellence in Information and Communication Technologies. Come and experience the successful transfer of ICT expertise from EU funded research projects to Belgian businesses
Mis à jour le 04/08/2010 | Imprimer | Envoyer
CETIC at a glance
CETIC is the Belgian ICT applied research centre dedicated to supporting businesses, providing expertise in software engineering, innovative service-oriented technologies and embedded systems. This expertise has been gained through CETIC's active involvement in Belgian and European projects for research and technological development. Investing in leading sectors such as eHealth, cloud computing, open source, security and wireless (among others), CETIC develops partnerships with technological leaders and European industries and accelerates this technological transfer to local Belgian businesses. In addition to partnerships in collective research projects, CETIC supports businesses in their innovative products and provides technological advice, prototype development and feasibility studies. To strengthen Belgium's competitiveness and leadership, CETIC stimulates research, providing IT support to local businesses, enabling them to adopt advanced technologies, innovate faster, save money and time, and meet new needs.
Based in Charleroi, CETIC has shown a rapid growth. The Centre was created in 2001 through the initiative of three Belgian universities:
- the Facultés Universitaires Notre-Dame de la Paix de Namur (FUNDP);
- the Catholic University of Louvain (UCL);
- the Faculté Polytechnique at the Université de Mons (UMONS).
Through its ongoing relationships with university teams, CETIC remains permanently updated on current and emerging scientific progress in Belgium, Europe and the World.
CETIC expertise at your service
CETIC's mission as applied research centre for industry is being implemented by three complementary and interdependent axes of expertise:
- Software and System Engineering provides methodological support to help companies develop high-quality IT products and services, ensuring reliability, safety, security, and compliance with international standards;
- Software and Services Technologies provides businesses with strong technological expertise to help them implement distributed, service-oriented and dynamic computing architectures. Through the use of semantic technologies and by exploiting the real business opportunities of open source software, this department helps accelerate the transformation of information into knowledge;
- Embedded & Communication Systems helps companies prototype innovative embedded systems. This department focuses primarily on embedded software for intelligent wireless systems for a wide range of applications, ranging from road transport to eHealth, consumer electronics, home automation, etc.
These core expertises are supported by laboratories, providing the latest equipment and technologies to serve businesses.
International mission for local ICT development
Information and Communication Technologies are critical for European companies since they have a boosting effect on innovation by providing new capabilities through infrastructures and tools.
In his daily life, everyone can observe the increasing impact of ICT either in business related activities, in health, culture or education. Therefore, mastering ICT skills and knowledge is a major social, economic and political challenge. CETIC has got regional expertise as well as research and innovation capacity, and makes it available to citizens and businesses with the objective of accelerating Belgium's economic development.
The expertise acquired by CETIC through its active participation to EU research projects is directly transferred to Belgian businesses.
These businesses integrate advanced ICT technologies that help them save time and money when deploying their activities. CETIC has become successful by exploiting research results from EU FP6 and FP7 projects and transferring them to local industries and administrations. Local companies are interested in the technology either to help manage their infrastructure in a more optimal way, or to access resources that they do not need to own.
Now taking part in EU projects has been a great opportunity for CETIC to collaborate with either very large or small companies as well as well-known universities. Sharing expertise and findings with international partners is a clear technological benefit for the Belgian companies CETIC is providing IT support to.
Contact ICT 2010
- Scientific Communication Manager
- Tel.: +32 (0)71 490725
- GSM: +32 (0)495 213100
- 29/4, Rue des Frères Wright, 6041 Charleroi, Belgium
- Tel.: +32 (0)71 490700
- Fax: +32 (0)71 490799
- Centre d'Excellence en Technologie de l'Information et de la Communication
Centre belge de recherche appliquée au service des entreprises du secteur TIC créé en 2001 à l?initiative de l?Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL), des Facultés Universitaires Notre-Dame de la Paix (FUNDP) et de l?Université de Mons (Umons)