Multitel is an applied R&D Centre specialized in Photonics, Networking, Speech, Signal and Image Processing. The Centre is leading cutting-edge research activities at national and european level, promoting innovation by providing market-driven support and solutions
Mis à jour le 04/08/2010 | Imprimer | Envoyer
Multitel is a private & non-profit research centre created with the support of the Objective 1 programme of the European Commission and the Walloon Region. Leading applied research and development activities for industry leaders, SMEs and spin-off companies, Multitel is a distinguished multidisciplinary Centre of Excellence, employing around 55 researchers.
The Centre is a strategic partner to the industry in what concerns the development of know-how and innovation in a variety of technological domains including Photonics, Networking, Speech, Signal and Image Processing. The centre is a technology transfer medium that contributes to the creation of five spin-off companies. Multitel is also strongly involved in FP6 and FP7 programmes with a participation in 24 european projects.
Today the activity of the Centre is articulated around five areas:
- Photonics: with the design and prototyping of near infrared and visible fibre lasers (for medical, manufacturing, aerospace and telecom application), optical sensors and biosensors, optical metrology, ultrashort pulse laser micromachining of materials, non-destructive optical evaluation of materials. Another activity of the department concerns the prototyping of sub-nanosecond fibre lasers and supercontinuum sources;
- signal Processing: with the development of speech-centric human-machine multimodal interfaces and embedded systems, active real time asset tracking systems based on RFiD technologies for localization of people and objects;
- image processing: with an strong activity in image and video content analysis, dynamic scene understanding and behavior recognition, user-based multimedia content classification, performance evaluation for video systems;
- networking: with analysis and development of WLAN, follow-up of the development and standardization of the new Wi-Fi (802.11 n.) protocols, analysis of solutions in VoIP (assistance to the deployment of solutions, network analysis, writing of the specifications and analysis of tenders). Multitel is a Red Hat certified training centre in Belgium;
- ERTMS (European Rail Traffic Management System): for certification activities concerning railway control and signaling systems. In this frame, Multitel created in 2008, a laboratory recognized by the European Railway Agency and the European Commission for certification of ERTMS devices. Multitel is today the third European independent laboratory with CEDEX (Spain) and DLR (Germany).
Also, in the frame of R&D activities, Multitel has acquired an anechoic chamber for EMC pre-compliance (EMI and EMS) tests of electronic prototypes and devices.
Contact ICT 2010
- Responsable du département commercial et marketing
- Tel.: +32 (0)65 342722
- Parc Scientifique Initialis, 2, Rue Pierre et Marie Curie, 7000 Mons, Belgium
- Tel.: +32 (0)65 342732
- Fax: +32 (0)65 342729
Centre de recherche appliquée qui élabore des projets innovants. En interaction constante avec les entités académiques et les entreprises, Multitel assure le transfert des technologies entre le domaine de la recherche et les acteurs industriels